Dr. Katie’s emphasis on patient comfort, as well as keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in pediatric dentistry, enable her to provide her patients with the best quality of care in the field. Her compassionate care philosophy starts with patiently listening to you and your child. Then, after a
complete and thorough examination, she reviews and discusses the diagnosis and treatment options available for your child.
She invites you to be present with your child during the examination and all treatment visits.
- Bachelor of Science from Villanova University, 2001
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry from Temple University School of Dentistry, 2005
- Post- graduate residency in Pediatric and Special Needs Dentistry from Temple University Hospital, 2007
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Nemours, A. I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
- American Association of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Delaware State Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Delaware Oral Health Coalition – Access Committee
- Head Start Dental Home Initiative State Team Leader (DE)
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff is here to ensure a pleasant experience during your visit to our office. Our team includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is to communicate well with our patients and provide the best care possible.
- We put our patients’ needs first
- We create a comfortable environment
- We provide quality and comprehensive care
Mary Katherine Matthews, DDS
Experienced Hockessin Pedodontist
Dr. Katie Matthews is a Board Certified pediatric dentist who is committed to helping parents and children establish a dental home by age one. Early education and routine preventive care promote healthy habits. Dr. Katie is happy to accommodate the special needs of each and every child.
what parents say
Dr. Mary Katherine Matthews Testimonials
Dr. Kate was wonderful with my son. She did the checking and the cleaning of his teeth. He had his first x-ray at the age of 14 and he did well with the “Astronaut” machine. He and I were able to see the full picture of his teeth including the start of his wisdom teeth. Dr. Kate answered all my questions. We are very pleased.
The dental visit with our 6 year old was amazing! Our child has typically been very anxious about dental care. He left his appointment today saying that he “likes going to the dentist.” Everyone was very patient, kind and caring! Thank you again for this wonderful experience!
It is obvious that Dr. Katie cares about children. She took her time with my three-year-old son and explained everything that she was doing. I felt very comfortable, and so did he. Thank you!